Fast Facts about Scleroderma
Learn some fast facts about scleroderma, according to rheumatology.org:
- Scleroderma differs from person to person, but can be very serious.
- There are medications, as well as steps individuals can take, to ease the symptoms of Raynaud’s phenomenon, skin problems and heartburn.
- Effective treatments are available for those with severe disease, including acute kidney disease, pulmonary hypertension, lung inflammation and gastrointestinal problems.
- It is important to recognize and treat organ involvement early on to prevent irreversible damage.
- Patients should see physicians with specialized expertise in the care of this complex disease.
Learn more about scleroderma here: http://bit.ly/learnscleroderma
Note: Scleroderma News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.