7 Tips for Living with Scleroderma
There are some simple steps you can take to help maintain your general health according to the Scleroderma Research Foundation.
1. Avoid smoking.
Throughout June, our resident blogger and scleroderma patient Nicola Whitehill posted daily information and facts on scleroderma to mark Scleroderma Awareness Month.
2. Avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine.
3. Listen to your body’s need and try to rest and sleep as much as you need.
4. Avoid stress and stressful situations as much as you can.
5. Try yoga, meditation and biofeedback to help you manage anxiety and stress.
6. Avoid processed foods, sodas, and sugar.
7. Echinacea usually boosts the immune system. Because scleroderma is an auto-immune disease, patients should avoid this herb.
Throughout June, our resident blogger and scleroderma patient, Nicola Whitehill, posted daily information and facts on scleroderma to celebrate the Scleroderma Awareness Month.
Scleroderma News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.