Eating well is essential for anyone who suffers from an autoimmune disease and getting into good eating habits for life will help you stay on top of your disease and better manage your symptoms. We’ve compiled a list of tips for eating well when you have scleroderma based on information from Scleroderma Canada.
Good eating habits
Good eating habits work for everyone regardless of whether or not you have a chronic illness. Some of the basic rules include:
- Consider eating five or six smaller meals each day, rather than three large meals a day if you struggle to digest your food.
- Choose a balanced and varied diet.
- Eat a rainbow of colors when it comes to fruit and vegetables.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fats and cut back on consuming saturated and trans fats.
- Avoid added salt and sugar where possible. Try to eat whole foods rather than processed foods.
- Eat less starchy carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta and rice.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?