Scleroderma Awareness: 5 Fast Facts about Scleroderma
Learn some fast facts about scleroderma, according to rheumatology.org:
1. Scleroderma is different from person to person and it can be very serious.
2. There are ways to alleviate the symptoms of Raynaud’s phenomenon, skin problems and heartburn with various medication and with some individual steps.
3. More effective treatments are available for cases including pulmonary hypertension, acute kidney disease, gastrointestinal problems and lung inflammation.
4. It is key to recognize and treat organ involvement as early as possible in order to prevent irreversible damage.
5. Patients should consult physicians in each specialized expertise in order to properly care for each part of this complex disease.
Scleroderma News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.