According to the Scleroderma Foundation, Dr. Serebro’s Five Rules for Scleroderma Patients are:
- No tobacco or smoking.
- No drinking alcoholic beverages.
- No caffeine such as soda or coffee drinks.
- Stay active through exercise such as Aquacise.
- Stay warm and avoid going outside in temperatures below 60 F
The Scleroderma Research Foundation also recomends
- Get sufficient sleep.
- Try to avoid stress as much as possible. Yoga, meditation and biofeedback may help you manage stress and anxiety.
- Avoid processed foods, sugar and soda.
- Echinacea boosts the immune system. Since scleroderma is an auto-immune disease, it is recommended that patients avoid this herb.
Learn more about Scleroderma here: http://bit.ly/learnscleroderma
Note: Scleroderma News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.