According to the Scleroderma Foundation, Dr. Serebro’s Five Rules for Scleroderma Patients are:
- No tobacco or smoking.
- No drinking alcoholic beverages.
- No caffeine such as soda or coffee drinks.
- Stay active through exercise such as Aquacise.
- Stay warm and avoid going outside in temperatures below 60 F
The Scleroderma Research Foundation also recomends
- Get sufficient sleep.
- Try to avoid stress as much as possible. Yoga, meditation and biofeedback may help you manage stress and anxiety.
- Avoid processed foods, sugar and soda.
- Echinacea boosts the immune system. Since scleroderma is an auto-immune disease, it is recommended that patients avoid this herb.
Learn more about Scleroderma here: http://bit.ly/learnscleroderma
Note: Scleroderma News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?