According to the Scleroderma Research Foundation, the build-up of collagen in the skin can affect the normal functioning of sweat and oil glands, leaving the skin dry and tight.
Moisturize frequently with oil-based creams or lotions, especially after washing hands or bathing.
- Avoid harsh soaps and extreme water temperatures when washing and bathing.
- Use humidifiers to help keep skin soft with moist air.
- Always protect your skin against the outside elements by wearing protective clothing and sunscreen.
- Regular exercise will help circulation.
- You may want to consider bathing less if your skin gets seriously dry.
Learn more about Scleroderma here: http://bit.ly/learnscleroderma
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?