Many readers of Scleroderma News have reached out and urged us to do more to bring additional awareness about clinical trials applicable to the scleroderma patient community. In response, we have created a new Clinical Trial Notification Program that helps us match individuals directly to relevant clinical trials based off of their profile information. For participants in our clinical trial notification program, if your profile is a match, we may reach out directly to inform you of a clinical trial that might be specifically relevant to you.

Correspondence between Scleroderma News and our program participants is strictly confidential and subject to our Privacy Policy. We do not share your personal information with third parties except when you have explicitly provided us permission to do so and agree that we can share such information on your behalf. We will not use, sell, or assign your email address for any purpose other than to communicate with you about clinical trial services.

If you are interested in participating in our Clinical Trial Notification Program, please click the button below and complete a short questionnaire. If we identify a trial that your profile is a match for, we will communicate with you via email informing you of the opportunity and will provide information on the sponsor company and trial protocol. With your consent, we will then forward your information to a clinical trial study site in your area for review.

[maxbutton id=”2″]

1. Misty Sizemore says:

Hello I am interested in doing a trial program if eligible. I was diagnosed in 2002 with Diffuse Scleroderma. I also have Raynaud’s and an Interstitial Lung Disease diagnosed in 2013. Currently I do monthly IVIG infusion treatments which began in August of 2014. From August 2014 to July 2016 I was also doing a monthly IV treatment of Cytoxan. Starting in November 2016 I began doing Rituxan IV infusion treatments. I have other conditions that have been brought on by the Scleroderma also.

• Tim Bossie says:

We are working on this program now. Have you talked with your doctor about any trials that may be available to you in your area?

2. Nary Higinbotham says:

I was diagnosed with Sjogren’s and have pulmonary fibrosis. I also have Raynaud’s and with mild digital ulcers. My Rheumy tested for Scleroderma and said I didn’t have it. Only taking plaquenil 200mg.Also have Gerd issues for which I have been taking prilosec for 9 yrs and sometimes have psuedo bowel obstructions.

• Dawn Martin says:

Wow I am a 37 year old female that was diagnosed with “Linear Scleroderma” when I was 14 years old. I am from & also still reside in the New Orleans, LA area.

3. Joy Tucker says:

Just diagnosed two moths ago . Any clinic trials in or near NC (Charlotte) or anything to help with hypopigmentation

4. Thuy Nguyen says:

I am interested in any trials for Linear Scleroderma. I’ve been diagnosed with it since age 4 and it has only gotten worst.

5. Deb P. says:

I am very interested in any help I can provide to help everyone who has scleroderma. I have had diffuse scleroderma for 12 years and many other conditions. Thanks.

6. I a Patient in Perth Western Australia with Scleroderma, Raynauds Hypothyroidism, Gastroparesis and many more connected diseases.
    On October 19th 2017 I am trialling a gastric Electrical Stimulator
    here at Fiona Stanley Hospital.I do believe this is a first for a Scleroderma Patient in Australia and perhaps the World.Dr Ballal is doing the procedure and I shall let the community know of the results.Wish me Well.I am confident for a break through.
    Much Love and Light Margie Kugler

• Victoria says:

Margie please let us know the outcome. I’ve had Scleroderma and Raynaud’s for 15 years. Current age, 51. Was chosen to be one out of six patients from UCLA with the Stem Cell Study. After a year on the study, was told I received placebo and that two patients received their stem cells. Due to the 88 patients nationwide, Cytori cancelled the study, due to not enough positive outcome. Found out from my Rhemy that the two patients from UCLA have NOT had any finger ulcers what so ever! Was told Botox injections into the fingers helps with blood flow. Well enough about me! Wishing you lots of luck! Victoria

7. Brian Sousa says:

I have Systematic Scleroderma. It was diagnosed a year ago. Yet my doctor says I’ve had it much longer. I’m a 60 years old male. 8 years ago I had my bottom teeth removed and my top teeth were removed last year. I’m in Weekee Wachee Florida and would like to be informed of clinical trials.

8. sandy lauria says:

My mom was just diagnosed and I am interested inn getting her into clinical trials, especially with stem cell. I found a facility that will do stem cell for 10K and am willing to go that route. I worked in medical tourism for 8 years and sent patients over seas for procedures (stem cell) for multiple health issues and I KNOW it works. Ive seen the results as I did 90% of the follow up as the RN. Its just so damn expensive! Some people can’t afford my mom. If there are any clinical trials please let me know. She has pulmonary. HTN and fibrosis. Im scared she’s gonna die.

9. Meri Logan says:

I have systemic scleroderma with skin disorders of all kind for 3 years. I am 65 years old and scared to death because of my age. I’ve heard that it is very aggresive when you get it when you’re older. I do not have a doctor that knows anything about this disease. I have not taken any of the drugs yet given to me. I am willing to try something.