#SclerodermaAwarenessMonth: Ways You Can Help
Today marks the first day of Scleroderma Awareness Month. Throughout the month of June, the scleroderma community will come together to raise awareness of the disease and and funds for research.
There’s plenty you can do help. The more people know about scleroderma, the better, so it’s up to us to spread the word. Get out there and talk about the disease; educate people on what it’s like to live with scleroderma and how it affects those who suffer from it.
Here are just a few ideas to help you join in this month (and all year long):
- Use your social media accounts to share facts about scleroderma or what it’s like to live with the condition. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter are all great ways to get your message out there. Just make sure to include the hashtag #SclerodermaAwareness.
- Wear a teal ribbon. Teal is the color of scleroderma and wearing a ribbon of this color will help to strike up a conversation about the disease.
- If you live in the U.S., contact your local congressman or woman, ask them to support the Scleroderma Research and Awareness Act.
- Put up awareness posters in your place of work, school, college, doctor’s office.
- Participate, volunteer, or sponsor someone to walk in a Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma event.
- Hold your own fundraising event for a scleroderma charity or non-profit organization.
- Become a spokesperson for the disease for your local newspaper, radio or television station.
- Join a scleroderma support group or set one up if there isn’t anything local to you.
Scleroderma News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.